Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's A New Month!

I saved this for today, April 5th, because I didn't want anyone to think it was an April Fools joke.

I've made a few resolutions for this month. Yes, I know those typically roll around in January, but I'm not much good at keeping those kind so I decided to make a few April resolutions.

Wanna hear 'em? Okay, great!

-- Run my first 5K. You already know I've run three miles. That's mostly because my pal Katie has been spurring me on so that we can run our first 5K together. Once we landed on a 5K we want to run, pals Shelby and Emily decided they wanted to come along for the ride! I can't wait!

-- No shopping. I spend too much mula on things I don't need, especially ropa. So I've decided that for at least one month, I will not be spending any mula on clothes, shoes, etc. I did this in high school and came away very proud and fulfilled. If I can keep this up, I hope to start using the money I save for a worthy cause that tugs on my heart strings.

-- Eat well. Most of the time, I eat really good food. My mouth is watering just thinking about pizza, quesadillas, and a nice fat sandwich from Jimmy's. I eat healthy a lot too, but eating good doesn't = eating real food. Enter Whole30, a month long intense detox/cleanse. I read about the Whole30 on one of my new favorite blogs and decided I'd give it a whirl as well. I've told enough people about it now so that I'd be too embarrassed to even think about quitting. Here's to lots of meat, veggies, and fruit, and only dreaming about bread, dairy, and sweets until May 1. I've already got lots of ideas for what will be the first things I eat when that day comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment