Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It Only Takes A Day . . .


. . . to undo a month's worth of hard work. 

The lovely people over at the Whole30 suggest slowly reintroducing things that you've been without for a month back into your diet. Things like dairy, grains, legumes, sugar, etc.

Keeping this in mind, here's a quick rundown of what I ate yesterday, my first day off the cleanse:

-- a piece of chocolate chip cookie cake
(hello breakfast)
--a popover
(brought to work by a co-worker)
(from the oh-so-delicious Jimmy's)
--three chocolate chip cookies
(leftover from work event)
--a few Sour Patch Kids
(leftover from Easter Basket drive)
--stuffed and fried avocado
(dinner date with friends at Chuy's)
--starbucks java chip ice cream
(to cap off the day)

One realization I came to today (as I was shoveling food into my mouth) is that for so long, this menu could have summed up any given day in my life. Seriously. I ate like this every stinkin' day! What seemed overboard today was normal not long ago.

I went to the grocery store (to pick up the ice cream, of course), and found myself checking the ingredients labels on everything I picked up. If I saw too many acids, concentrates, or artificials, it left my hands faster than a . . . well, really fast, ok? And then I got my ice cream.

I guess what I'm saying is, while I'm loving the fact that I CAN eat whatever I want, I'm starting to think that what I do want is to eat food that will do good for my body instead of harm. 

Growth guys, growth.

Coming Soon to The Big To-Do (in no particular order):
--"It's a New Month" <--- This is a regular thing now. Get ready.
--More notes on the Whole30, because I know no one is tired of reading about it.
--Lists on a lingerie shower.
--How to treat a bite from the crafting bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment